SLCacheViewer is a Windows application that allows you to browse and export textures stored on your hard drive by your Second Life viewer.
Here are some of the things you can do with this tool:
- Browse thumbnails of all of your cached textures.
- See the UUIDs of each of the textures, which can be used to access them inside of Second Life.
- View the full-size version of each texture and inspect its properties.
- Disable the alpha (transparency) of a texture to reveal hidden things like obscured sculpt maps.
- Preview sculpt map textures as 3D sculptures to see what form they create.
- Export images from your cache to your local hard drive.
- Works with most Second Life viewers because they store their texture caches in the same format.
These are some common uses for the tool:
- See what your viewer is downloading. Some people find it useful to see what their viewer caches as they move around Second Life.
- Recover textures. If you lose the source image for one of your textures, the tool will allow you to save a new copy after seeing it inside Second Life.
- Tweak avatar textures. It doesn't do a lot of good to have a moddable skin or attachment when you cannot edit the textures. With this tool you can export them, edit them, and re-upload them as new textures.
WARNING: This software is not intended to be used to reproduce or illegally alter people's copyrighted textures. Using it in this way violates the terms of the license for this software.
For downloads and installation instructions, visit the Downloads page. The download also includes a help file that you can reference to learn more about using the tool.